Friday 6 April 2012

LIb Dem Len defects to stand for Greens

Steven Neville welcomes Len Martin on board.
I would just like to mention that experienced former Lib Dem Councillor Len Martin has followed others in Buckhurst Hill East and come over to The Green Party. Len, who will be The Green Party candidate for Buckhurst Hill East in the forthcoming District Council Elections, told me that “I left the Lib Dems when they joined in coalition with the Tories in government.  I felt betrayed because the Tories stand for so many things the Lib Dems claimed to be against and I have found my home in the Green Party who would not have ended tuition fees, would have kept the Education Maintenance Allowance and not cut vital public services. They stand for much of what the Lib Dems were supposed to stand for and locally I have been impressed by their team.  I also felt betrayed totally when the local Lib Dems let the Tories take over the Parish Council. It was weak and spineless, and voters were treated with no respect whatsoever. The Lib Dems are finished in Buckhurst Hill. I urge people who want to make a real difference in Buckhurst Hill to vote for me and the Green Party on 3rd May 2012.”

No comments:

Post a Comment