Wednesday 14 April 2021

Buckhurst Hill East Candidates 2021: 2 -Alison Hall

 


Alison Hall is standing for Parish Council and lives in the ward. She is a semi retired teacher who has run her own business. Alison says “ I’ve lived in Buckhurst Hill for 17 years and I love living here. I have recently semi-retired from teaching although I’m still helping students as a Learning Support Assistant at Redbridge Institute of Adult Education. In this role I help students who might be having difficulties. I assist in classes for students with learning difficulties and students who are studying for a Level 3 qualification.

 

I left school at 16 with no qualifications but went back to school in my late 30s and came out with a Degree just after my 40th birthday. I started my teaching career at Barnet College and finished at Working Men’s College in Camden. I discovered that teaching is the most rewarding occupation especially teaching adults. In between I, with my daughter, started our own business which ran for 5 years. 

 

I am passionate about Buckhurst Hill, the diaspora of constituents and the closeness of town & country. We have been doing well but I believe with the right people, we can do better and I hope you will allow me, by voting for me, to assist in improving the lived experience of all people in Buckhurst Hill.”

No comments:

Post a Comment