Tuesday 10 April 2012

Steven Neville for Buckhurst Hill West 3rd May 2012

This year in addition to standing as a Parish Councillor in Buckhurst Hill East I am also standing in Buckhurst Hill West for District Council. I got 30% of people voting for me in this ward at a Parish by-election in December.
I have lived my whole life in Buckhurst Hill. I am a committed Christian who cares passionately about the environment and improving the local area. I joined the Green Party as I felt it took environmental issues and social justice issues most seriously and felt let down by the coalition government on so many environmental issues.
I am a hard working campaigner who even though not yet elected has worked with  neighbourhoods getting local issues such as pot holes sorted where elected officials had failed. I have worked with local residents campaigning for better pedestrian crossing at the
Roding Lane
/
Loughton Way
traffic lights. I have set up a pilot Neighbourhood Watch scheme in
Rous Road
and hope to extend this further into other roads. I am chairman of Epping Forest “20 is Plenty” which aims for all residential roads to have 20 mph speed limit as most accidents happen in residential roads. If I am elected I can get so much more done such as
Fight for 20 mph speed limits in residential roads,
 Better youth facilities,
Safer road crossings,
Free insulation for home.
Many former Lib Dem voters have seen their party brake promises on the NHS, EMAS and tuition fees and they have witnessed the local party treating the voters with contempt by just giving up their majority position by resigning from the Parish Council en masse without providing the electorate with any real explanation it is time to vote Green to provide real opposition to the Tories in Buckhurst Hill and in Epping Forest.

No comments:

Post a Comment